photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Friday, September 7, 2012

The History of Me


It would be be so awesome if you guys posted questions throughout the week about things you'd like to know about me. I picked a couple questions that are a bit deeper and more thought provoking than last week's questions. I hope you enjoy learning about me. I'd love to learn more about you.
Q1: Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
A1: Yes, yes I have actually! I thought it would be the worst thing ever moving to California. I can be pretty dramatic and I did not want to leave. I didn't want to move from Korea either when I was three. I was crying and screaming at the airpot. I was always a loud person. I'm really happy that I did move and that I ended up here in California. I believe that everything is fate and that God places you where you're supposed to be. I would have had a very different life if I hadn't moved from Korea. I haven't always been such a firm believer of the idea of fate. However, in the summer of eighth grade everything worked out so perfectly. I moved at a good time before high school and my mom got a job in the San Francisco area. We were originally planning to move to Los Angeles. Things usually don't work out that well and I can't even imagine if that had been a coincidence. I looked back at a series of events from my life and it just seemed like every hardship was placed to counteract something in the future.

Q2: What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
A2: I haven't had that much time to read leisurely. I did watch a couple movies on my computer last week. I decided to watch Miyazaki films because they're so beautifully made. I always cry when I watch Spirited Away. I watched Howl's Moving Castle too. I didn't cry but there is something so magical about that movie. I would definitely recommend watching it!! 

Q3: If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
A3: I would probably be anyone from Sophie Kinsella's chick flicks. She's one of my favorite author and the author of the Shopaholic series. I've read all her books. All her characters are very spunky with a lot of attitude and they all end up marrying really attractive, smart, nice, millionaires. Korean dramas are like that too so I guess I wouldn't mind being the heroine. I don't understand that about Korean dramas. What kind of rich socialite chooses a girl with nothing to offer? It's not realistic at all but I guess people like me don't watch dramas because they present a good sense of reality. But at the same time, it's really making my standards impossible. I just keep waiting for that super attractive, nice, smart guy to come along and fall in love with me. It's so obvious that it's not going to happen but I have a lost a sense of logic while watching and reading chick flicks/Korean dramas. 
On another note though, I wouldn't mind living in the world of Harry Potter or even the Brave New World. We can talk about the Brave New World later. I don't know how that statement makes you feel. I wouldn't want to go live in the BNW if I had been living in our present day world for a long time. But if I was born there, I wouldn't really mind and I probably would be happy. Because believe it or not, I would rather be happy than face hardship. Hardship has made me and molded me into the person I am today but happiness is something everyone is tempted by. It's hard not to be tempted by happiness even in the form of SOMA. I guess in a sense that's why we read so many chick flicks and wait for our Prince Charming. We all want to be happy; and most of us, including me, would give up choice for happiness. Can you be happy without sadness? I don't know. I don't know. It's something that I'd have to think about more.

Q4: What is your personal style?

A4: Hahahahaha. Style... I'm developing a style. It's very gradual. I definitely like dresses and skirts. I like cutesy clothes and style. I really love stripes too. If I could have any person's wardrobe it would be Zooey Deschanel. I love her "geeky" yet fashionable wardrobe so much. Unless it's for a special occasion, I don't normally plan outfits. I like wearing things that comfortable and decent to look at. I hate shopping for jeans but it's worth the long hours if you find the perfect pair of jeans. I love shoe shopping though! Another thing I like to do is wear bows and headbands. I have a slightly fobbish style. For any of you who don't know what a fob is don't worry too much. At my old church before I moved to California, a fob would be a person who had just come from Korea with all their styles and attitude and language. Language not meaning cursing or whatever but new Korean slang like 'gonna' or shortcuts to saying things. Where I live, everything is abbreviated. All the country clubs are referred to by three letters. Abbreviation is definitely seen there. After I went to Korea this year, I feel like I've picked up a lot more of the culture than I ever have. I'm slighting becoming a fob, slowly but surely. 

Q5: To you, what is an ideal relationship?

A5: Um, that is one loaded question. I don't want to find someone who is like me, as in loud, obnoxious, not logical, etc. I want a guy who I can definitely talk to. Conversation is important to me and usually I freeze up when trying to talk to the guy that I like. I also like confident guys who aren't cocky. There's a fine line but I can't stand cocky guys. I really like witty people. And of course I like all that crap that other girls like too: romantic, spontaneous, attractive, nice. 
I like relationships that work. The couple doesn't have to be around each other 24/7 but everyone knows that they're together. They can have time alone and have time with friends without any issues. They have fights but resolve them without getting a divorce or chopping their heads off after breaking with the Church (Henry the 8th).  The little things, like notes, are sweet. A guy who can cook is a real positive! 

Q6: What skills do you want to learn?

A6: I want to learn how to be cute, hahaha jk. There is a specific kind of cute that Korean girls are good at called aegyo. But I do want to learn on a serious note, how to cook. I can make dinner for myself and I love experimenting with different food items but I don't actually know how to cook. I'd love to learn some more video skills and computer skills in general. 

That's all the questions that I found worth answering. But remember if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask! 

I didn't see TG today, well I saw him briefly while walking to English and he visited my math class from the window. He didn't wave at me though so .... well we're not really friends on that level of waving. If I wave first, he usually waves back. 
The guy I used to like last year started a conversation with me! Things were really awkward at the end of last year and I don't know why. I don't have nickname for him yet but I'm working on it. 
That's my life in a wrap. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment