photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Friday, September 14, 2012

I am not Functional

Hi everybody! I hope you had a good day. Sorry this is so late. I had a four hour nap and I really miss sleep. When I say that I'm not functional, I say that because it's so true. I can't do math and I can't really focus on anything. Do you guys feel like that during a long week? I feel like one week spans forever. It's just a mismatch of testing, homework, and other projects.

Today I went shopping for public speaking clothes. We have to dress fancy in suits. On the upside, I was able to get a really fuzzy sweater with pink and black stripes. It's a bit longer too so that's always nice. I was finally, finally able to get a circle scarf too! H&M had this perfect pink one that feels so soft. It's already time to display all the fall stuff including gloves. I want it to rain. And fall, because I am a person who likes the autumn.

I have a funny story! I bought rain boots in Korea two years ago? Well the summer after freshman year, so yes two years ago! During my freshman year, it rained so much here. My school is an outside school which means that the hallways are just sidewalks and all the classrooms are separated. It's not one building. My shoes would always get wet and icky so I invested in rain boots. It did not rain much sophomore year so I'm hoping that my time to wear them will come. They are really cute and possibly my favorite shoes. I would love to wear them more.

During journalism today (where I help make the student newspaper), some people were eating Chipotle and had some chips and guacamole. I asked them for a chip and the girl eating it told me that she had the whole bag and that I should have the rest. :) Definitely one of the positives of this day.

So onto questions for the week. As usual, no questions so I took the liberty of finding some good ones.

Q1: If you could choose any superpower what would it be?
A1: I love the idea of being telepathic. I've always wondered what it would be like to hear other people's thoughts. That would make life easier in a sense that you know exactly what people are thinking and if they're backstabbers and such. But at the same time it feels like that would be a total privacy invasion. Everyone has the right to privacy and privacy should be kept.

Q2: What's your greatest fear?
A2: I have a lot of fears, like spiders, darkness, etc. But mostly, I'm afraid of being left alone. I think it started a very long time ago when I was little. I am always sort of traumatic at airports. I always cry because it still reminds me of the time that I was three and moving away from everyone. I hate being alone but it's a lot better now. My greatest fear would be isolation though.

Q3: What are five words that describe you?
A3: Mm... probably optimistic, curious, energetic (usually, well I was), creative, and happy. Optimistic and happy are not the same thing. Maybe it's because I can't think of another word right now... Optimistic is being able to be happy about a bad situation, seeing both sides. And happy, is well happy. I'm usually cheerful and happy but loss of sleep is changing that little by little, which is VERY BAD!

My English teacher assigned us The Tempest today. It's not that long, 52 pages from an awful blue book, but I tried to read it and fell asleep. That's how the four hour nap started. She said "the only thing you have to do for English is to read the Tempest." I did not feel happy about that statement. We're writing two essays next week and the pace of the class is seriously picking up.

Well I hope you didn't miss this too much ;) if any of you are still following my train of thoughts. I hope you had a good week!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment