photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Thursday, September 6, 2012

Infatuation?

I made an incredibly bad decision today. I decided to be on Facebook while recording some parts of radio.

During the summer after freshman year, I took a course in Pre Calculus at the nearby community college. I met some really awesome people there including a Korean person. I looked on Facebook and decided to like her picture. I saw that this guy from my church liked it too.

He's really good looking just old.. I think he's 3 or 4 years older than me. It's a long story on how I met him but I had this teensy crush on him. Okay maybe it's not that long. I met him on a hiking trip that the whole church went on. There was this red line that said do not cross. None of us wanted to go all the way back and follow the rules. Everyone knew that but no one wanted to take the initiative. So I did. And I got a witty, sarcastic, polite answer from him. In Korean there's the formal tone (?) and the informal tone. He always talks to me in the formal tone even though he knows I'm in high school... He stopped for a while but it picked back up again. I'm not sure if it's weird or not. Then I actually met him when I was helping the kids. We talked for an hour about ourselves, and made introductions like names and school etc. I sent him a Facebook request right after that.

He accepted my request a month later. I was in Korea at the time. Not only did he accept it, he wrote me a little apology. Nobody does that but it's incredibly sweet. And he liked one of the pictures in the VBS album. :D And recently, he liked my profile picture... :)

And today I nonchalantly messaged him about him knowing her. I talk to him in Korean and my Korean typing skills are so bad. He was telling me how he was contemplating what to make for dinner and I was really impressed that he knows how to cook. A lot of people don't. A lot of people! But I was talking on the radio and transitioning from Facebook to radio. I accidentally pressed enter without finishing my thought. I was telling him how cool it was that he could cook but it came out: you're so cool. Yeah........ I think he thinks that I'm infatuated with him. Oopsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment