photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reclaiming Childhood


Wonderful gifts :) 

I don't mean literally going back in time to childhood. I wish I could. Maybe I would've done things different but as Aristotle says one can only be happy after living a full life. I agree with that completely. Only after all the hardships pass can you start to smile and laugh about it. I absolutely hated taking European history but now I would still put it on my sophomore schedule had I the chance to go back. But happiness and Aristotle aren't part of this blog. They actually belong in my English homework.

I just mention this because I saw the girl I gave my Nintendo DS to playing it today. She was playing Animal Crossing which is my favorite game in the whole universe! She had chopped down all the trees and weeds were littered throughout the whole town. If any of you haven't played Animal Crossing, that means she wrecked my years of hard work.

However I wasn't upset. I didn't want my DS back. I was relinquishing a part of my childhood so that someone else could enjoy theirs. Instead, I took the time to show her how to plant trees and what to do with the fruit. When I first gave up my DS, I wanted it back immediately. It takes time to get used to seeing other people with your stuff. One day, maybe if my DS lives that long, some other little kid will be playing with it. And all of them will be happy with something that I can't use anymore. We shouldn't be selfish in that matter and I have just learned of the intellectual and emotional rewards that come with this.  So if you have anything that's really useful but not to you, give it to someone who will use it and treasure it. Someone using it is better than it being treasured in some drawer. Remember, one man's garbage is another's treasure.

Also! It's almost my birthday! My birthday is in 2 days now!!! I get a birthday syndrome. Not the kind where I want to be a spoiled princess and receive gifts everyday, but rather the kind where I want to eat cake every day. It always happens a couple days before my birthday and totally fades away after it. Does that happen to anyone else?

I got a couple early birthday presents ^^ they're packaged so prettily that I decided to take a picture! My birthday is 9/11 and I've always gotten a pitied look and an "I'm sorry". It's not that bad. The date was something I couldn't choose and it'd be much easier if people didn't take the time to say sorry or give me that sorrowful look. They should be sad about the event that occurred on 9/11, not that my birthday is on that date. It'd make it much easier for everybody.

xx
PS: I put a label on all the stuff concerning my Coffee Shop story. So if you want to read all of them in a row or see which blog posts contain the chapters, just click on the pink label at the very bottom of the page! I thought it was really cool but then again I am a geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment