photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Friday, November 30, 2012

It's Question Time!

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good week and are planning for a good weekend. I am so pumped to spend my day tomorrow at a public speaking tournament. Yep, that's exactly how I want to spend a Saturday. All jokes aside, I am excited to go, even if it's from 7:00am-7:00 pm. The school I'm competing at is an hour and a half away so it'll be a long ride. I'm really looking forward to getting the most from that peppermint mocha. As usual, it's Question Time! Feel free to leave a pressing question in the comments below. I think I'll leave you a question at the end of the post so I can learn more about you :) enjoy! xx
Q1. I thought you couldn't drink coffee? Won't a peppermint mocha make you crash?
A1. Hahahah! I don't know if you guys have been reading since that post all the way in August. I had my first "real" coffee in the summer and when I finally was ready to drink it, it was 80% milk and 20% coffee (medium, apparently). I love the winter season because Starbucks (and other coffee shops) have special winter drinks, peppermint mocha included. I can handle mochas and lattes! I just can't drink a regular cup of joe. Why is regular coffee called that?

Q2. What is your favorite type of dessert?
A2. Ooh good one. I love cake! I don't like cupcakes, normally, with all that frosting. I'm really not a fan of frosting. I like ice cream and frozen yogurt too. I don't like things that overly sweet though, or bitter actually. I'm not all that huge of a fan of chocolate either. I love sour candy and sour stuff in general.

Q3. What do you do to cool off when you get yourself tangled in a mess of thoughts?
A3. Well, actually I was in that tangled mess just two days ago. I hate it when you're texting someone and then all of a sudden they don't ever respond. You don't why and you don't really want to ask. Asking makes you seem like a needy person. No one likes a needy person. I took a shower and asked myself why I was so upset and if I had a real reason to be upset. Asking yourself questions can sometimes be the best way to figure out a situation. You can read another blog post about this incident.

Q4. Do you like romantic gestures such as flowers?
A4. I really don't like flowers all that much. It's cute and thoughtful though. I love cards. A well written, well thought out card implies so much more of a friendship (or relationship) than some flowers or a gift card. Maybe it's because I like to write, but I also like people who can as well. I don't need some fantastic Shakespearean poem written for me (actually, I don't really like poetry) but rather a card with a lot of personalization. I was looking through my cards recently, and they are so valuable. If you put some thought and heart into anything, it shows. I promise. Words just have that power to move you and then of course you should follow up with some sort of action. Actions do speak louder than words, but it's great to reinforce your actions with a card. I do have a funny story about flowers. I used to play piano like any other Asian person. Before piano recitals, I would always tell my parents that I wanted flowers but I would always say 한송이which means one flower. I didn't know and thought that meant one bouquet. I would be so disappointed inside and wondered why my parents did that. I later learned that that was what I had been asking for this whole time, seven years. Haha.

Q5. Best third wheel moments?
A5. Hmm, I have a pretty fair share of my third wheel moments. Being a third wheel is super awkward because neither party wants to admit that you are indeed a third wheel. If by some chance, you do mention it, the other party nods and tries to include you. That of course ends in one question directed to you and then, well yeah that's about it. I was going to the movies with my two church friends. There are only two high schoolers at my church so we're sort of lumped together. It's really fortunate that we all in the same grade. Well, before we left the guy's mom gave the guy $60 so that he could treat ALL OF US to lunch and movies. It's a good thing I had brought my own money because he didn't pay a penny for anything that went towards the good of my happiness. I don't mean to sound bitter, but really? Really? He did that another time too but they broke up and now it's just awkward for all of us.

I'm going to end on that note because I really must go back to practicing that script. If you're interested in what exactly I'm rehearsing go back to the post titled Watch Me Be A Playwright. So here's the question for you: best card you've ever recieved? If you don't like this question, wait for next week. Or answer some irrelevant question on any post. Haha, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment