photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blessed.


I am truly blessed. I may whine a lot about my first world problems but I'm so grateful for everything that I have. I have some of the best friends in this world who would do anything for me. They aren't the type of friends that sugarcoat words so that you don't feel upset. They are the friends who tell you the truth when no one else does and help you get up again. Why would a true friend lie about the little things? For instance, they say that a white lie can't hurt but would you want your friends to tell you that you look nice in a hideous hat? Wouldn't you rather look great and make a good impression? 
It seems like everyone is thankful on holidays. I do try to smile on every single day but often there are times where I just don't want to smile. My church is really awesome and it's been a year and half since I first became part of the family. It's my first year doing secret santa and the atmosphere was overwhelming with love and joy. The thing I loved most about this was that everyone spent so much time and consideration with their gift. No one bought a simple gift card but rather put thought into their gifts. That's what really matters at the end of the day. My secret santa was really awesome and she knows me so well. I'm not sure how the guy I had really felt inside. I made a lovely group activity though. It's funny watching all the girls of our congregation reading all the words and looking at the pictures while the guy just really wanted a no fuss gift. Maybe I won't do this again but it was really fun making it. I believe that a gift should be something that you want to give and hopefully something that the other person wants to receive. I will be warm and toasty in the winter though :) 
So write cards and brighten people's day, because a little inconvenience to you could mean the world to someone else. Why not use the holidays as a good excuse to write to people? Why not make other people smile?  

No comments:

Post a Comment