photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June Bug

It's finally June! I can almost taste the freedom and joy that summer brings. I'm conflicted about the end of high school. I know more schooling awaits me but the hand holding will officially be over. I was so sad on Friday when the last issue of the Mirador (my high school paper) came out. It would be the last time that I ever participated in the Mirador and I didn't even do that much for the last issue (this is where the seniors get a break and the wide eyed newcomers take charge). I teared up a little inside to see my name back in the staff writers category instead of feature editor. I knew this moment would come but I can't help but feel a little bittersweet.

It's weird seeing everything around me and knowing that a huge change is to come over in the few months to come. Other aspects of college are becoming so real: like the fear of being alone to do your own laundry at late hours.

I talked to S for the first time in maybe 5 months? And it's good to know that we will never be friends again. You would think after 5 months of no communication, holding a conversation shouldn't be that hard. I feel like this confirmed the fact that I'm never going to be friends with him or talk to him again. I asked if he ever wished we had stayed friends and he said he didn't think about it ever. I feel kind of pathetic that I cared so much about this person who forgot me almost instantly. Walking around with him made me realize that he's not even the same person that I fell in love with. He's someone completely different, someone that I don't know. I can confidently say that I don't like him anymore. So that's the end of the chapter, for good.

I've just been compiling a list of all the things I want to do in the Bay Area before I leave for Korea and eventually college:

+ Mission Peak (Kate Spade has a marvelous guide)
+ Mission Peak hiking in San Jose 
+ Snowflake Tea House
+ Hit up some art museums like SF MoMA and De Young
+ aquarium and exploratorium in SF
+ Brunch in Berkeley x2392132 (cute waffles and fancy ice cream)
+ zoo in Oakland or SF
+ boba or bubble tea as some people call it 
+ Music festivals pleaseee
+ City Lights bookstore!! 

Emma is back and I will definitely cherish what is left of school and summer xx


No comments:

Post a Comment