photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Thursday, June 13, 2013

NEW YORK CITY!

Hi everyone!!! As the title suggests I'm going to be away in New York City for 4 days. My flight is at 9:30 pm from San Francisco to NEW YORK CITY. I've never been to the East Coast so I'm so freakishly excited to be there. It's a "college tour" thing haha. I'm only visiting 2 colleges because somehow I found the wrong Cornell. Cornell University has an office building in NYC but the actual college is four hours away. It was an honest mistake but my mom did not think it was funny. A last minute search for suitcases yielded success. I made a New York itinerary and magically all that stuff fit into this adorable little suitcase (it's supposed to hold pens, business papers, and folders but clothes work too). It's red and I have a red Longchamp bag (that I love) and it all matches and looks so classy. It feels like a surreal scene from some chick flick.

Today, obviously I haven't stepped foot onto New York yet but I've packed everything. I'm a very methodical packer and so I thought I'd give a couple personal tips on how I like to pack. I have a terrible case of overpacking but the wonderful suitcase allowed me to pack just the right amount of clothing. I made four outfits that can be interchanged and it added up to 1 dress, 2 skirts, 3 shorts, 4 tops, 3 belts, 2 cardigans, 2 pairs of shoes, and 1 light jacket. It is a bit over but it's the best I can do. Making outfits is a lot easier than trying to put all your clothes in. I assigned occasions to all the outfits and understandably, I'm only taking my favorite pieces of clothing. I'm trying to practice packing light.

To help with that, I got some pouches! These pouches are lifesavers when it comes to packing.






One pouch is dedicated for the face stuff. (One of the little bottles got cut out of the picture :/ ) I don't really wear makeup unless it's a special occasion so all I need it some BB cream. Later I'll put in my sunblock! Deodorant is a must as is hand lotion. I put all of this stuff into a Ziploc bag and then into the pouch. 

The smallest pouch accommodates for hair ties and hair clips. The hair ties in the middle (the fabric ones) are really nice because your hair doesn't stay in that awkward pony tail state. I always bring a lot because hair ties tend to disappear. This is also where the bobby pins would go. 

The next bag is for my ribbon hair pins. I love these so much! I just got a hair cut today and these will definitely be the new alternative to hair ties (in public. I need my hair ties...) 

Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, and my retainer holder (I dunno what this is called) all go into one pouch. This pouch was a little small for all the contents. I did the same Ziploc bag technique as seen in the face product pouch. 
So all the pouches went inside my red Longchamp bag. Inside you can see the pouches, my pencil case, a little notebook/diary thing, my white crossbody bag (the red bag is a little too big for some occasions), and a folder. My camera is also hiding in a corner. My trusty Pride and Prejudice book (mandatory English summer reading but also a great book), phone charger, and camera charger did not make the picture unfortunately. I love the red bag because it can fit so so so much. 

Matching red & red travel set. Ah it's so perfect and I am so looking forward to this trip. 

This trip though I won't be looking for a really attractive guy to make all my Korean drama dreams come true. As much as I love the first part of meeting some guy, I love the second part even more: he likes me, I like him, our drama starts. I have someone here, haha that's so weird. New York is about a 6 hour flight away. I don't think I'll be able to blog much from there but I promise to take lots and lots of pictures and upload them later (I'm not taking my laptop and my phone hates me). So I wish you all good luck here and I'll see you again on Wednesday or possibly Tuesday. I still need to figure out a nice airport travel outfit. I can't wait to be lost in New York.

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting!!! I can't believe you didn't tell me sooner. Also, you're crazy methodical in your packing of clothes, I just started packing and I pretty much packed half of my closet and filled a suitcase big enough for me to fit in... how do you pack so light!? Hope you have a great time in New York, and who knows, that special guy just might be waiting. Though I will be very upset with you if you end up accidentally passing each other in the airport while a large group of people happen to walk between you and block your eye contact... you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah sorry! I guess I forgot... Yeah... I'm a crazy packer. I can't pack without a list because I end up taking everything I ever owned. Plus this trip is a lot shorter so I was sort of able to restrain myself.
    lols, I only learned from the best ;)

    ReplyDelete