photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Day to Remember


Hi everyone :) I had a perfect day today, a day to write down and remember forever. At school, I had four different class parties! The best party ever was for my English teacher who had her 70th birthday. Within a day, our whole class rallied together and planned a birthday party for her! It was the sweetest thing ever. I made the card and managed to get everyone to write a personal message. The card has an element from every single book/story we've read so far. My friend D made a gorgeous cake with fondant flowers and frosted piping. Other people brought cookies, brownies, and a different chocolate cake. Someone brought flowers and two people made a fun quiz about all the things we've read this year. Our teacher was really touched and it'd made all the hard work worth it. She really does deserve a party though. That English class is one of the best experiences I've ever had.
In school you usually only learn how to write and read. But in that class, you learn so much more. You learn how to become a person and how to live life to the fullest. Our teacher loves English so much and she's so passionate about what she does. She's retired but yet teaches because she truly enjoys being there with us. She cares about all of us and wants us to be happy. There's never a dull moment, ever. I love that class even if the workload is unbearable at times. I know at the beginning of the year, I hated that class. I was not used to putting in so much effort and work in an English class. But as the year went by, I'm so thankful and appreciative that she pushed all of us to become better writers and better people.

I love to doodle and I've made a couple of these cards before. I made one for my AP European History teacher and unfortunately I don't have a picture with me. It's hung up in her room though! I also made one for my friend H who is the picture. She's one of the greatest people alive and I don't know what I'd do without her. I try to make a better birthday present for her each year. The tradition started Freshman year when I simply got her a box of Oreos. That escalated to a comic and Oreos sophomore year. Junior year was the poster without Oreos because H stopped eating them. I have no idea what to do for the big senior year finish. Maybe I'll worry about my college applications first.

This card took a long time... but I don't regret a single moment! AND our teacher is going to frame it :) I thrive on other people's happiness. Even people I don't really like said the card was incredible :) Although the motivation for making cards and nice gifts isn't to get recognition and praise, it's nice to hear that people do appreciate what you do. I had so much support from the whole class. That's definitely one thing I love about AP and higher level classes. You have a community of people who are passionate about learning and it really feels like a family.

On the other hand, some people aren't really all that appreciative or thoughtful? I had drawing architecture. I always have but this time it was kind of necessary. I do really like the yellow house though. Daisy's house (Great Gatsby) is a bit lopsided just because I can't draw houses... I was updating S the whole time in a frantic rush trying to get this massive project done. I'm terrific at hunting people down and that was necessary because some people forget without prodding. He is supportive when I do really need him. I thought it'd be right to send him a picture of the finished product just because he had been there pretty much the whole time. Here is our conversation:

  • S

    uhmm it all looks a bit disorderly
  • Me

    I dont care
    at this point ...
  • S

    and i think your depth perception is a bit off
  • Me

    how else do you put 10000000000 things on this?
  • Me

    depth perception is off
    I'm not an artist
    I'm a doodler 
  • S

    fair enough
    it looks like the mansion got remodeled by picasso

I don't know. Is it that hard to say something like "good job" or even a "yay"? He still hasn't really apologized for that. Whenever I bring it up, he says something along the lines of "but something is clearly wrong with it." Sighs. It sort of stings. I was really considering making one of these for him on his birthday. But nevermind. I refuse to make anything for someone who can't see beyond the obvious flaws. 

Well anyways! Today I also saw the school play, Almost Maine. It was a really great show full of laughter, sadness, and talent. I got really excited when some of my friends were on the stage. Half the reason I go to performances is to support friends. Almost Maine has nine mini plays about different types of love that all take place in this imaginary town almost in Maine. He got annoyed with me but started telling me what music they were playing in the transitions. We didn't know where to sit so I just sat next to one of my friends in Spanish. She gave me this really suspicious look and asked if he was my boyfriend... T.T After I said no, she continued to give me that look. I really don't think we give off that couple vibe. After the play ended, we walked around (we are neighbors) and somehow ended up near his house after passing my house. This always happens. We sat down on the stone wall? near his house. Uhh I'm not sure how to describe it. It divides the two parts of the grass. We compared feet size and stargazed! I've never really been stargazing. The last time I went stargazing was maybe in fifth grade on a camping trip. We saw one of the Dippers! I don't really get how stargazing is romantic. . . what's so romantic about laying in slightly wet grass in the cold? It's nice just talking to him though. And then he messed up my hair haha. 

Today was one of the best days of my life ever. I'll always remember everything :) Hope you guys all have a wonderful weekend. I'm not sure what happened to this formatting. I don't know how to fix it either. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment