photo home_zps50cbc827.gif photo about-me_zpsa01d7e00.gif photo life-in-books_zps0f9b7d0b.gif


Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Oscars!


Hello everyone! It feels like I haven't been here in a long time. Well I went got new glasses that look almost exactly the same as my old glasses. I returned to my volunteer after a long break and I just had a mental collapse. Those kids are crazy! Half of them were absent too yesterday. Then I went to go see a movie with S at his house. We're neighbors if you didn't know. His mom was incredibly nice! It was fun because I enjoy S's company. He's a great friend to have. I just don't want him to like me as more than friends because that'd just make everything awkward. I was going to leave around six and one of his family friends came over. He was around his mom's age, so maybe around late thirties or early forties. S told me that they were going to take a walk. Their walk lasted like ... 2 hours? Is that weird? I don't know if that's weird or not. Maybe his mom really likes exercise but I've gotten some questioning glances from friends. The family friend told me "we decided to ask to join us for dinner" after they returned; and I thought that was so strange for a second there. I of course declined. I've never met S's mom or this guy before. And today he tells me that he's watching a movie with his mom and that his mom asked if I wanted to come. Um strange much? Ah whatever, I'll burn that bridge when I get there. Guys are so confusing.

On another note, today was a marvelous day. It was really sunny and hinting at spring once more. One of the little girls at church was selling hats, scarves, and bracelets for her compassion project. She's sending $37 a month to a seven year old boy somewhere in East Asia. I can't remember which country. But it's a really great cause and her mom helps her sew and knit these things (especially the bigger scarves and hats). I helped her out and it was a fun way to spend half a day.

Today is also the Oscars! Random note there. Oscars fashion is always interesting. Hope your Sunday was splendid!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe S just wanted to be a good friend? At least that's what I hope for you. Some guys are just being nice when they ask you to come for dinner or watch a movie. I mean, when things were still uncomplicated between E. and me he asked me to join for dinner once. It doesn't have to mean something, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope so!!! He's a really great friend and I'd hate to lose his friendship. I've never had a guy friend before so I don't know what the proper etiquette is? That sounds so strange....

    ReplyDelete